Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm fixated

Not sure where I've been, but I just discovered TinyFixation's blog large and in charge. One word, WOW! Her commentary is hilarious and her skills are incredible. On top of completely gutting and wiring the house, almost everything in the house is handmade or re-furbished by Meagan. I'm still in awe of the talent to come up with these designs and execute them so well. The kitchen is incredible. I love the cork floors she made. The mirrors on the wall over the banquette are a great accent to that AMAZING chain chandelier. And check out the details on how she made the copper hood above the range.

The story of the house she is renovating is a kick. I highly recommend starting at the beginning of her blog and reading all of the details. It's a fun ride. She started her blog in October, after being inspired by the I'm a Giant Challenge. I am seriously in awe of how much time she spent trying to meet the "deadlines" for the challenge. If you don't have time to read her whole blog then jump to this post with most of the finished rooms for the challenge. Totally impressive.

If you read older posts, you'll find some fabulous step by step details on how she made some of the furniture, accessories, floors, lighting and even real granite counter tops and actual glass window panes. I'm still in awe of how she transformed this clunky electric range to a gourmet gas range.

I'm stealing Pepper's #4 new years resolution of trying to catch up on everyone's blogs, but so far I've been completely fixated on this one.


This is seriously the coolest kids bed I've ever seen. A swing, slide, loft, what's not to love; and the light fixture is to die for. The master bedroom is just fab, there's a great tutorial on how to make the mirrored nightstands here. I love the arc lamp in the living room and the coffee table is so cool, you can see the inspiration for the table in this post here. So many great details, check them all out at: tinyfixation.blogspot.com.

(all images from large and in charge blog at tinyfixation.blogspot.com)

8 comments:

  1. hi...i love your blog- great!! Your post today means...oh, dear, no time for housework or cooking!!!! :) :)(should have switched on pc later !!!)
    Thank you for sharing, I'll start "studying" now!!! best Greetings from Greece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna! Sorry to get you hooked on another blog, but Meagan's blog is totally worth staying up late and reading. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the blog info...one more blog I'm following now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly!! Thank you so so much for the feature, I'm thrilled, honored, and incredibly flattered. After you told me how to show a blog archive, I was adding a couple of other 'gadgets' and I wondered how I went from 10 followers in four months to 24 overnight. If I didn't already work in Cardiology, I'd be worried about these palpitations! Someone's going to have to slap this goofy smile off my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I was thinking of keeping it to myself and just silently stalking you, but your work totally needs to be shared. I'm glad more people are checking out your new blog and I'm glad you're sticking with it after the Giant Challenge. We like the goofy, please no one slap it off. :P

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Tell your Mr. I'm sorry for ruining his Valentines Day plans. I think you may be glued to your computer for today.

      Delete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.